Some Key Facts
- Ultimate Security has 1,700 members of staff at over 200 sites.
- Our staff numbers have doubled in the last five years.
- 480 staff members have been with Ultimate Security for more than five years.
- 75 people have been with Ultimate Security for more than 10 years.
- Ultimate Security’s staff retention rate is above 96%.
Our Role and Responsibility
Ultimate Security is the supplier of choice for companies considering the security of their high-profile buildings. This is due to a combination of our expertise, our hands-on management, and above all, how we recruit, develop, and retain excellent people.
However, we do not take this situation for granted. We are continually adapting to the changing needs of our clients. We ensure that our people fully understand Ultimate Security’s key role in safeguarding our clients’ properties, their people, their visitors, and their image.
Benefits of Working for Ultimate Security
The Ultimate Security benefits package will continue to improve to ensure that we attract the best people. Current benefits include:
- the option of joining a medical health plan
- an annual bonus
- regular, targeted and specific training
- enhanced sick pay
- Continuing Professional Development.
Louise Devitt, Ultimate Security’s HR and Support Services Director, is clear about the opportunities for Ultimate’s staff:
“We believe that when people join us it is because they want to strive to be different, to be the best, and to start a career, and we intend to support them on that journey. The benefits that we offer reflect our ongoing commitment to staff welfare – one of the key values at Ultimate. We do not believe that these are just jobs.”
A number of ongoing projects will improve the experience of working with Ultimate Security. These include:
- a regular review of the Ultimate Security employee handbook – including all policies and procedures
- taking a fresh look at job titles and job descriptions to ensure consistency
- streamlining recruitment and vetting processes
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and Personal Development Planning (PDP)
- a review of employee satisfaction, through a series of surveys
- ongoing development of our reward and recognition scheme
- development of our communication channels.
Ultimate Security’s approach to employee welfare is finding favour with our staff. Here are a few comments from some Ultimate people – Site Security Managers, Corporate Receptionists, and Security Officers:
- “good progression within Ultimate”
- “a close-knit team”
- “great support from management”
- “regular and appropriate training… help with NVQs, Facilities Management qualification”
- “Ultimate looks after their staff”
- “good communication”
Finally, Steve Hall, Chief Executive, summarised Ultimate Security approach:
“At Ultimate we do things differently and because we do things differently we are successful. We embrace diversity and relish challenges. We believe in innovation and trying new things. We accept that our industry is an evolving one and as such we cannot stand still. We care passionately about our people because we understand that our people are our business.”